Implant Supported Dentures
Unlike traditional dentures, which rest on your gums, implant-supported dentures are anchored to dental implants. This provides a secure and stable fit, making eating, speaking, and confidently smiling easier. Although replacing your missing teeth can be daunting, primarily if dental trauma occurs, rest assured that our clinic has seen it all and can help you through these difficult times.
The qualified team at Lyndhurst Family Dental of Lyndhurst, OH, is proud to offer premium dental services, creating and customizing the best possible dentures to help you achieve a complete life with holistic oral healthcare habits.
What are Implant Supported Dentures?
Implant-supported dentures are a type of denture that is supported by dental implants. Dental implants are surgically implanted into your jaw and are made of a durable titanium material. They act as artificial tooth roots, providing a solid and stable footing for your remaining and replacement teeth.
Implant-supported dentures usually comprise two parts: the dental implants and the denture itself. The dental implants are placed into the jawbone, and once fully integrated with your jawbone, they are used to support the denture. The denture is then attached to the implants with special attachments or clips.
Benefits of Implant Supported Dentures
There are many benefits to choosing implant-supported dentures over traditional dentures, including:
- Improved Comfort and Stability: Implant-supported dentures are much more stable than traditional dentures. They do not slip or move around in your mouth, preventing uncomfortable or embarrassing situations.
- Enhanced Eating and Speaking Ability: Because implant-supported dentures are more stable, they make it easier to eat and speak confidently. You can enjoy your favorite foods without worrying about your dentures slipping or falling out or tooth sensitivity.
- Better Oral Health: Dental implants help preserve the jawbone, preventing bone loss and keeping your mouth healthy. Traditional dentures can sometimes lead to bone loss, which can cause your face to sag and make you look older than you are.
Types of Implant-Supported Dentures
- Bar-Retained Dentures: A thin metal bar is attached to the implants in this type of implant-supported denture. The denture then clips onto the bar, providing a secure fit. There are two main types of implant-supported dentures: There are two main types of implant-supported dentures:
- Ball-Retained Dentures: In this type of implant-supported denture, the denture is attached to the implants with small ball-shaped attachments. These attachments snap into the implant heads, providing a secure fit.
Which type of implant-supported denture is right for you depends on your needs and your dentist’s recommendations.
Your Local Quality Dental Care Expert
Implant-supported dentures provide a stable and secure fit, improving your quality of life and boosting your confidence. Talk to our team to determine if implant-supported dentures are fitting for you.
During your next appointment with the talented team at Lyndhurst Family Dental of Lyndhurst, OH, you can be sure you receive the proper care and guidance you and your family deserve.